Thursday, November 9, 2017

World at Work 10 - Market Day(Part Two) - Nyaungshwe - Myanmar (Burma)



Continuing with my World at Work series of photos taken on my travels.  As promised in World at Work 9 - Market Day - Nyaungshwe - Myanmar (Burma) this is a continuation of my market visit, as I took far too many photos to share in one post. 

With the recent troubles in Myanmar, I have been thinking often of what a lovely visit I enjoyed to this beautiful country. I hope and pray I will be able to return one day.






















These Market Day photos have I hope given you a glimpse into day to day life for some of the people of Myanmar.  

My thoughts and prayers are with the people of this wonderful country.



World at Work Links to Previous Posts

World at Work 1 - Fabric Weaving - Mandalay - Myanmar

World at Work 2 - Recycling - Bansko - Bulgaria

World at Work 3 - Fishermen - Marta - Italy

World at Work 4 - Sailors - Star Ferry - Hong Kong

World at Work 5 - Dried Seafood Market - Western District - Hong Kong

World at Work 6 - Washday - Ayeyarwady River - Mingun - Myanmar

World at Work 7 - Mya Thaw Tar Lacquer-ware Workshop - Bagan - Myanmar

World at Work 8 - Street Vendors and Delivery Men - Xian - China


World at Work 9 - Market Day - Nyaungshwe - Myanmar (Burma)

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your very colourful and interesting post. I haven't ever thought about going to Burma , or many Asian places either. Maybe one day I will go a bit further afield , would have to be with others. My thoughts do go out to these people in times of troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There seems to be a wide range of food available. A very colourful market although not one person was smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and an interesting post. I have not been to Burma either but I have at least made it as far as Hong Kong and Singapore in sort of that direction :-) Have a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. the one thing consistent in all the market place photos is brilliant color.. I just love all the colors and seeing the people at work in the market.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful and colourful sight. I too hope that these people that you picture going about their daily lives are okay. I have never been to Burma but my mother went many years ago - before I was born - and found it fascinating. Not many people went there, then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed a wonderful country, but sadly I think the ethnic problems have been causing problems for many years. I found the people welcoming despite the lack of a smile on many of their faces.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting Travel Tales and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate your support, which is a great encouragement to me and reading them is always a pleasure. All commenter's will receive a visit back from me and followers a follow back. I will respond to questions here but not reply to every individual comment due to time constraints, a problem we all have.