Friday, November 6, 2015

Brooklands Motor Museum - American and Classic Car Rally - Weybridge - Surrey - England


Brooklands is a 2.75-mile (4.43 km) motor racing circuit and aerodrome built near Weybridge in SurreyEnglandUnited Kingdom. It opened in 1907 and was the world's first purpose-built motor racing circuit, as well as one of Britain's first airfields, which also became Britain's largest aircraft manufacturing centre by 1918.
The circuit hosted its last race in 1939 and today part of it forms the Brooklands Museum, a major aviation and motoring museum, as well as a venue for vintage car, motorcycle and other transport-related events.

I had the pleasure of visiting Brooklands Motor Museum on September 6th 2015 when it  also happened to be the venue for an American and Classic Car Rally. A great photo opportunity.

Having discovered that during October it was the 80th Anniversary of John Cobb setting the Ultimate Brooklands Outer Circuit Lap Record in the Napier-Railton. It therefore seems an appropriate time to publish my post on the Birthplace of British Motorsport and Aviation, Home of Concorde.

The sound of the Napier-Railton engine can be enjoyed by following the link.
https://soundcloud.com/brooklands-museum

I took a few hundred photos, a few of which I have shared on my Instagram stream. It was impossible to decide which ones to select to share here, so I have created a video instead which I hope the car enthusiasts amongst you will enjoy.



LindyLouMac - YouTube Video

The photos used here are all my own and they are just a selection of the ones I took during the visit. I have already posted others on Instagram and will probably use some in the future on LindyLouMac's World in Photos. Please consider following me via either of the two sites if are interested in seeing more of my photos. 

With thanks to the following sites, where you can find out more about Brooklands

Brooklands Museum   Brooklands- Wikepedia  Soundcloud - Brooklands Museum

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection of beautiful cars exhibited at the American and Classic Car Rally! A great photo opportunity. One can admire the dedication of the owners to keep their cars in tip top condition. Thank you for sharing your video clip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fabulous but a video is still not possible to watch here with our lousy connection. There is talk about improving things, but it seems to be the small towns and villages while the hamlets get forgotten!!! I took over 200 photos at the Angouleme rally and race day, so easy to do!!!! Hope all is well with you Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a classic car worshipper and you had me drooling at some of these cars. They also are making me feel old!! Great photos and I love how you put them together on a video. Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband would LOVE this!! He's a car fiend and likes few things better than inspecting and learning about cars. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Redline Run Car Rally is the best road trip adventure where like-minded people across the globe come together to explore the best roads and experience the very best of New Zealand. Drive along the roads in your best cars and interact with everyone at night party organized by the Redline team.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Travel Tales and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate your support, which is a great encouragement to me and reading them is always a pleasure. All commenter's will receive a visit back from me and followers a follow back. I will respond to questions here but not reply to every individual comment due to time constraints, a problem we all have.